Forum Discussion

issmag
Level 5
10 years ago

Receive e-mail notification for a duplication fail

hi,

is there a way to receive an e-mail notification when a duplication Job fail ?

Netbackup : Netbackup entreprise 7.6.0.2

master server is : Linux 6.5 Redhat.

disk appliance is QUATUM DXI6702

ROBOT is : SCALAR I 40

thanks in advance.

• There are no built-in reports for SLP or manual duplication failures.

You will either have to create a custom report in OpsCenter Analytics or else script it with bperror or bpdbjobs to extract duplication type job that exists with non-zero status code and send email.
    You can add this script to cron to run once a day or more regular if you wish.

6 Replies

• Do you have Opscenter configured...? if not i would suggest you to go ahead and configure the Opscenet..

Opscenter basic version is free, and you can have the alerte configured though that and also it will help you to get reports..

you can use the Opscenter alert configuration for the job failures...

• I just configured our master to do something similar via this technote

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH64984

• thanks for reply, but i need a mail notification for duplication fail, not for a backup job...

@ramnagalla : yes, we have a free version of opscenter,  and i find the report about a duplications jobs, but, i need an e-mail notification, for a fail duplication. the report, will be for a specific periode..

but, i need if there is a fail, we receive an e-mail, if all is ok, so it's ok :)

• How are duplication jobs getting started?

SLP?
    Disk staging?
    Manually (GUI or bpduplicate command)?
    Script (Using bpduplicate)?

• There are no built-in reports for SLP or manual duplication failures.

You will either have to create a custom report in OpsCenter Analytics or else script it with bperror or bpdbjobs to extract duplication type job that exists with non-zero status code and send email.
    You can add this script to cron to run once a day or more regular if you wish.