Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Recover catalog NBU 7.6.0.4

Hi all,

I have a problem with my catalog backup, I´ll try to explain everything what happened on the last weekend.

- On wednesday morning my NBU database was corrupted, and I started a real journey to recover it;

After unsuccessfull tentative I did open a case in symantec, the engineer after unsuccessful tentatives too, he did create a blank database to try recover database by GUI. No success too, after many times trying to recover it, allways same error shows, Error(83).

After a few times without success, Symantec recommended reinstall NBU. My NBU version 7.6.0.4 was, but I had before this release, 7.6.0.3 and made installation NBU 7.6.0.1 and 7.6.0.4. The recovery catalog lasted all night.

On saturday morning, I went to check and my surprise, only policies information was showed.

After some searches in internet, I resolved to do the following procedure:

- Remove NBU

- Reinstall NBU 7.6.0.1

- Applied NBU 7.6.0.3

- Applied NBU 7.6.0.4

- Tried to recover catalog again, information about policies, master server configurations, media server and clients too restored, but nothing about media, SLP´s and storage unit.

At this time I did recriate SLP´s, storage units, volume pools, according I did have notes.

------------------------------------------------------ #### -------------------------------------------------

At this weekend we had monthly full backups, and now I need recover information about my old backups.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks very much if some help.

• Hello,

Thank you all for your assistance and help, I resolved my issue by import images from my storage units (disk pool) and now I´m import images with create_db option, it´s running ok and my images are appearing again.

Thank you very much.

12 Replies

• Hello,

Thank you all for your assistance and help, I resolved my issue by import images from my storage units (disk pool) and now I´m import images with create_db option, it´s running ok and my images are appearing again.

Thank you very much.

• I´m so sorry Marianne, but I didn´t have logs before today, because there wasn´t a directory.