Forum Discussion

manatee
Level 6
8 years ago

unable to create RMAN script in Windows

first of all, someone should fix the "Operating System" selection when creating new posts. this is for Windows Server 2008 R2 server.

i'm following https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000028900 to try to create an RMAN script in Windows but i'm stuck in step 1. the Oracle instance is not showing although Oracle is installed and services are running. the link doesn't mention anything else on how to go about troubleshooting this.

• Think some of the problem is that the technote is for Netbackup 5.X and the Oracle policy have evolved since then.

I would look in the Oracle admin guide for 7.6.

Not sure if you are trying to use Oracle Intelligent Policy or create a old fashion RMAN script. If the later is case, there are example scripts in the guide.

You will of course have to confer with your Oracle DBA about the backup setup.

• Explore new feature about Intelligent policies, its really very simple, te admin guide have very clear instruction.

you dont have to worry about editing script anymore Oracle Intelligent policies does it for you.

4 Replies

• Think some of the problem is that the technote is for Netbackup 5.X and the Oracle policy have evolved since then.

I would look in the Oracle admin guide for 7.6.

Not sure if you are trying to use Oracle Intelligent Policy or create a old fashion RMAN script. If the later is case, there are example scripts in the guide.

You will of course have to confer with your Oracle DBA about the backup setup.

Venkatesh_K
      Level 5

Explore new feature about Intelligent policies, its really very simple, te admin guide have very clear instruction.

you dont have to worry about editing script anymore Oracle Intelligent policies does it for you.

Marianne
        Level 6

Did you come right with this one?

Scripts or OIP?