Forum Discussion

LukeMih
Level 3
11 years ago

Enterprise Vault for Lotus Domino Sessions

I'd just like to pose the question.  How many established sessions does a EVDG establish and leave open on a per provisioned user.  For instance, 1000 users provisioned, 660 EVDG sessions to the prim...
    11 years ago

Ok, so for example if you have 1000 EV enabled users accessing thier mailfiles and symultaneously they are accessing archived items and EV is also archiving items from mailfiles at the same time then it would look like:

Notes users mailfile access: 1000 sessions.

Notes users accessing archived items: EVDG to Mail Domino - 1000 Sessions.

EV Archiving Task: Trawling mailfiles, using 10 sessions at a time.

Total TCP/IP sessions used = 2010 sessions.

Is this correct? If yes, then the EVDG sessions to Mail Domino would be 1010 at that time. This should be the theoritical boundary to the max sessions. But we forget to add EV Domino Provisioning Task which runs twice a day to update few things in users mailfile. So this task will also eat some sessions, not sure how many sessions will be used at a time by this task.

Looking at the scenario, I feel like idle sessions are not killed in time?

I have not seen this behaviour ever, not sure if you can change the TCP IP port for EVDG sessions. I think the sessions are not killed properly, when user retrieves archived item and closes the open note window, the EVDG session for that item/mailfile should be killed or kept idle for some time for next retrieval and then killed if not used.