Forum Discussion

Dave_agron
Level 3
11 years ago

-Error ED800019: The recovery point file "file" could not be opened.

I get this error when running a backup.

-Error ED800019: The recovery point file '\\unc-path\server-name_C_Drive169.v2i' could not be opened.
--Error E7D1000E: Unable to open '//unc-path\server-name_C_Drive169.v2i'. It does not exist.
(UMI:V-281-3456-25)

I just setup a new physical backup server to replace the old server running BackupExec System Recovery 2010.  The new server is Server 2008 R2 Ent. running Symantec System Recovery 2011.  I am using the agent on each of the virtual servers that I am backip up, and a couple of them are backing up correctly, but a couple I am getting the error listed above.  The backup starts and runs to about 94% and then it fail. The backup server has the storage volume, the D drive does not have compression turned on.  The server that I am trying to backup is Windows Server 2003 Ent. I have searched this forum, but what I have found does not fix this problem.

Any help would be appreciated, I need to get these servers backed up.

Dave

• Does it fail at 94% each time? Sometimes with shared storage, the size of the file could also be an issue. You can try breaking it up into chunks in the job options. Compression should not be a issue.

6 Replies

• I have tried changing the registry key as specified in the link, and I am still having the problem.

• Does it fail at 94% each time? Sometimes with shared storage, the size of the file could also be an issue. You can try breaking it up into chunks in the job options. Compression should not be a issue.

• It does not fail at 94% every time, I just noticed a couple of times that it did. I also have tried the "Divide into smaller files" option, but the backup still fails.

• The the VM's (I assume HyperV?) are running on the Windows 2008 R2 host, and they are also backing up to the host's drive via a share?

• I tried breaking up the backup files before, using 2048, and 5078.  This time I used 4589 and I got a successful backup.  I'm not sure why changing the size work but I am going to move on and call this fixed.

BTW... The VM's are on VMWare ESXi 5 servers.

Thank for your help Andy and Markus!