Forum Discussion

vincentm
Level 3
16 years ago

Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly.

I will try to make this short:

Brand new installadtion of BESR 8.5.1 on a 64-bit Windows 2008 Server (Standard); I'm using the BESR Manager to manage 13 Windows servers, with Windows 2008, 2000 and 2003 "clients.

Here's the deal: I have new backups created once a week (Sunday) and recovery points created four times a day; once a day (I'll explain a little later), one of the jobs, on every Windows 2003 server, fails. The Windows 2000 and 2008 Servers always work, but the 2003 jobs will fail 25% of the time. There doesn't seem to be a pattern, a couple of days ago I was backing up at 8am, 11am, 1pm and 5pm; the 8am job would fail (five days in a row), but all the others would work, no problem. So, I removed the 8am job and guess what? Now the 11am job has failed (again, for all Windows 2003 servers) for two days in a row.

I just installed BESR- this is not an upgrade for the management server or the clients. I've called Symantec support, didn't get much help. They've said to run checkdisk, defrag, which I have, but I still get this error. They say to stagger the jobs, which I haven't, because I don't see the point; these work 75% of the time and I've monitored the network traffic (this is all being done over a dedicated backup network, not an issue) and that's not the problem.

Please help. Thanks!

21 Replies