cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xa000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server

Martin_Summers
Level 2
I know this is a well documented error but I've tried all the obvious things.

Backup Exec 9.1 (build 4691) running on Windows 2000 Server SP4 domain controller fails to backup itself with the above error. I had not made any changes to the System Logon account or the Service Account before this error appeared.

Since then I've re-entered the passwords, tried a different admin account, tried an entirely new admin account, tested service availability by telnet on port 10000 and checked effective rights in local security policy.

Did I miss anything?Message was edited by:
Martin Summers
2 REPLIES 2

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

1. Make sure that the System Logon Account exists.Check in the tab 'network-logon accounts'
2. If it does, please re-enter all credentials to make sure that the Backup Exec database holds the most up to date credentials.
3. If the above does not resolve the issue, delete and then re-create the System Logon Account. Afterwards, change the Backup Exec Services Account to use the same credentials as that of System Logon Account.

Martin_Summers
Level 2
Hi Priya,

Thanks for responding.

Unfortuantely, I had already tried deleting all the logon accounts and recreating the System Logon Account which happens to be the same as the Backup Exec service account anyway.

In the end I decided that Backup Exec's account database must have some sort of corruption. I believe there are tools to address this situation but, under the circumstances, the most expedient way to fix it was to uninstall Backup Exec and re-install it. This worked a treat.

Thanks again,
Martin.