cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10.0 crashes when I view reports on jobs that have failed

Phill_Brown
Level 2
10.0 crashes when I view reports on jobs that have failed. Server 2003. I reinstalled 10.0, restarted server and still the same problem. I can view other reports just fine, it just when viewing failed reports, both remotely and at the server.
Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

please try installing MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 (Microsoft XML Core Services)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3144b72b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42&DisplayLang=en

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Phill_Brown
Level 2
Good idea, but it did not work. Upon closer examination, most failed jobs will display, it's the ones that I just turned on the "verify" that are causing the crash. Canceled Jobs, and older failed jobs still display OK.

Thanks, Phill

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

We apologise for the delayed Reply. Could you let us know what the latest State of the Problem is?

Problems while opening job logs, mostly occur due to the Size of the job.
How have you configured the Job logs under Tools -> Options -> Job logs?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Phill_Brown
Level 2
I had it e-mail me the text file instead view the XML

We were having some problems with a corrupt system mail box that had huge amounts of e-mails (noone ever checked it) Veritas generated Huge XML files, 3 MB! I think that's what choked the reader. Once I got the text file I could find out what was causing the errors and fix it.

Thanks for your help
Phill

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Phill!

Thanks for updating us on this issue.