cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10.d Selection list not available. Final error: 0xe000848c

Dale_MacNeill
Level 2
Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.
In Job setup, Backup or restore, no selections are available. Unable to select local drives. In job setup under selections, click on local selections. In the right window "none" appears. Another server is using the same account for backup and is not currently having issues. Install directory drive is not out of space. A new job has the same issues. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Backupexec to get the same problem. Have seen many threads on this issue, but no solutions.
5 REPLIES 5

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Check
1)Backup Exec services are running with Domain Admin account

2)Remote Agent for Windows Servers service is running with Local System Account.

3)Port Number 10000 is open...

Also refer to :

After changing the Backup Exec "service account" using the Services applet, the error message: "A required privilege is not held by the client" is displayed after clicking the "Backup" button.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/254239

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to the �answered questions� pool.

Dale_MacNeill
Level 2
What and where do I check to see if "Port Number 10000 is open". and for what purpose does this port need to be open? Also I forgot to mention W2K server. None of the other mentioned conditions are occurring.

Thanks.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Use the command "telnet servername 10000" in order to check, if the port 10000 is used by another application.

Also ensure that the backup exec service account is member of (local) "Administrators" group.

Try creating a new service account and add this user to just "Administrators" and "Domain admins" group. Configure BE services to use this account and verify the result.

If this does not help, repair the backup exec installation Refer: http://support.veritas.com/docs/253199

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Dale_MacNeill
Level 2
Repair install did not help.
Did I mention that this server has two backup jobs to two tape devices and the remote job runs ok?
Does that mean port 10000 is open?
When I type "Telnet servername 10000" at a command prompt, this is the response I get "�$☺D!��☻♥". Not sure what that means or what response I should expect... Still not able to access the selection list in any manner. Any more Ideas? Thanks.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Did you try the steps mentioned in the previous interactions? Are both the local and remote jobs giving problems?

As suggested earlier, try creating a new account, give it domain admin rights, use this account for all the BE services except the remote agent service which should use the local system account. Restart all the services and then check the results.

If the issue persists, revert with details on the account and its rights and the steps followed.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.