cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10d Remote Agents

Rod_Nooner
Level 2
Currently we are running BE 9.0 on server A with a DLT IV tape drive attached, which is backing up our 9 other servers. We are installing BE 10d on server B which is attached to an LTO tape drive, which will be backing up the same 9 other servers.

The question is: can both the 9.0 and 10d remote agents run concurrently on the same server so we can maintain the current backup processes while we configure the 10d system and bring it online, or must we replace the 9.0 remote agents with 10d remote agents, recreate the jobs, devices, ect and bring the new system up all at once to maintain backup continuity?

Thanks rodn
4 REPLIES 4

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

After installing 10d on Server B and in order to backup remote servers you have to update remote agent version on all remote servers by pushinstalling remote agents once again.

what are the operating system running on ? :

BE 10d on server B
BE 9.0 on server A

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Rod_Nooner
Level 2
I understand that we will have to replace/upgrade the remote agents. My question was could we have both remote agents installed on the same remote servers and continue to utilize the 9.0 agent through Server A to backup those servers until we get 10d configured with jobs, media sets, ect. on server B.

OS Server A -- Windows Server 2000 sp4
OS Server B -- Windows 2003 Server

Thanks
Rodn

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
The remote agent service for both versions installs the different versions of the same files and service in the same location using the same control port. You can't have 2 versions of the same agent running simultaneously.

Rod_Nooner
Level 2
I was afraid of that. Thanks to all for the prompt replies

RodN