cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11d CPS stops creating Pair logs

Roger_Sager
Level 4
Hi...

I have CPS 11d jobs in continous mode backing up several remote file servers.  Each of the jobs are running at a reduced bandwidth (BW) speed because of our low BW to remote servers here in NSW (Australia). Anyways...

The jobs have been running for 50+ days and there is absolutely no pair log details for any of the server being created.  Each job has the "Detailed file logging" check box enabled. When the jobs a restarted the pair log details start to appear (albeit delayed by a few hours from the current server time) and then after 2 weeks or so the pair log details stop appearing?  There is no useful explanation to this type of event from support.  Their working around is the obvious - restart the jobs.  But that is not a solution!!! The jobs are running in Dynamic mode day in and day out...but if I stop the job...then it takes a long time to actually stop.  If I cancel the job then it happens pretty much immediately.  But then I restart the job and it takes up to 7 hours to fully re-sync again.  Then the pair log will details what has occurred, but after a few weeks - back to nothing being logged. Even if I select so show "All entries" - no detail of what has happened is listed.

Symantec does not like to admit bugs...but this is definitely a bug and there is no hot fixes for CPS 11d - at least I have asked if there are any - and the reply is none.

Cheers...Roger
1 REPLY 1

Roger_Sager
Level 4
Hi...

I think I may have found something related to the issue I raised.  Under the Setup menu item...if you click onto the Servers, then click onto a particular server; choose the right-mouse "properties" for that server: then the "advanced" menu item - there is a check box enabled indicating to "Remove logs after" and the default of 30 days...

I wonder if this has something to do with the fact that no pair log details are listing?  Maybe CPS gets confused after a job has been running for a while?  Don't know, but it may help with a solution.
Cheers..Roger
Sydney, Aus