cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11d Exchange Continous Protection

Eric_Rintell
Level 2
I have BackupExec 11d with the Exchange agent and CPS installed on the local Exchange server. I have cretated a Backup-to-Disk folder on the local machine but on a separate hard drive. I can't seem to create a CPS job that works. (I have verified that CPS has the Exchange agent installed too.) For my backup selections, I only choose the Microsoft Information Store and I turn off the Advanced File Open Agent. On the Microsoft Exchange tab, I select "Full Backup", check "Continously Backup tranaction logs" and set a recovery point/browsable backup set at 8 hours (default). I create a schedule to run the job daily at 4am, and click the submit button.

BackupExec keeps displaying the following error message: "Error code 0xe01f000d was returned from the Backup Exec Continous Protection Server application when creating the CPS job. Make sure that Backup Exec Continous Protection Server is installed and configured correctly. Check the Backup Exec Continous Protection Server console for more information about the error. Using an IP address to specify an Exchange server is not supported."

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem? Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

Dean_Bouta
Level 3
I have the same problem. Anyone have ideas?
Exchange server is a virtual server on a cluster.

Kenneth_Sheppar
Level 5
My Exchange 2003 server is not in a cluster and is just a standard install. I have found that when I restore a message that contained HTML data in the original message, that the restore will state that it's a corrupt email and to refer to another backup copy. However, all of my GRC IS backups to tape and disk complete with NO errors.

Ken