cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 different Selections with 2 different Templates

beaujoire
Level 5

Hi,

I'am creating a policy with 2 templates A and B with conditions : When Template A is done, Template B start.

I 've created 2 differents lists of selections and I want to link one selection to Template A, one selection to Template B.

But When I add the Selections to the policy, it appears 2 times in the Scheduling Jobs  , one time with Template A and B linked to first Selection , the other with Template A and B linked to the second Selection.

I don't know how to achieve what I want to do in order to mix  2 different selections with 2 Templates 

I don't know if I'am clear and if it is possible ?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The basic rule is that when you apply the selection list to any policy, it gets applied for all the templates in that policy. So you can not have different selection list for different templates in single policy.

So the option remains is to create two different jobs using two different policies. Here you can note the time which is required for first backup to complete and then schedule the second job in such a way that it will start around the time when first job is completed.

If you are backing both jobs to the same standalone tape drive then you can schedule the second job to start say 1 hour later than first job. As its going to use the same tape drive the second job will be on Hold till the first is completed and the tape drive is free for second job to use it.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I don't think your requirement can be achieved.(with two different selection lists)

If both templates with a single selection list, then it is a simple thing to implement.

As both the templates are just backup templates, go for creating jobs instead of a policy and templates. But you have to schedule both the jobs manually as required. 

Regards..

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The basic rule is that when you apply the selection list to any policy, it gets applied for all the templates in that policy. So you can not have different selection list for different templates in single policy.

So the option remains is to create two different jobs using two different policies. Here you can note the time which is required for first backup to complete and then schedule the second job in such a way that it will start around the time when first job is completed.

If you are backing both jobs to the same standalone tape drive then you can schedule the second job to start say 1 hour later than first job. As its going to use the same tape drive the second job will be on Hold till the first is completed and the tape drive is free for second job to use it.

Thanks,

-Sush...

beaujoire
Level 5

Ok Thanks for the reply.

I didn't know if it was possible.That why I ask you.Never Mind

I will start the second Job 1 hour later the fist.