cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5520 Hotfix 15

Mike_Linkey
Level 2
I am trying to install 5520 Hotfix 15. It goes all the way through the installation and then try to start the services, then rolls back saying it was interrupted. In event viewer it shows error 1603. the bkupinst.log file does not show anything either. Anyone have any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

Mike_Linkey
Level 2
I read another post that recommended installing Hotfix 10 for 5520 first. That on blows up as well.

john_oliver_2
Level 3
Thanks for the update. I was going to try that too but now i know....

I got HF 15 to update on my primary server but cant push it out to the secondaries. Then tried to download and manually install them. Now they dont work at all. It just keeps on getting better.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Was 10.0 5520 an upgrade from a previous version?
Run the MDAC component checker from the following link and test the results. Look for any mismatched files there:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/downloads/tools/default.aspx

Also find the service GFI List Server service , stop it and rerun the install.

If the issue persists, revert with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Mike_Linkey
Level 2
Ran the MDAC checker, and all looks ok there. I am not sure what the GFI List server service is. DId some checking on Google, and we don't have a list server running, so I don't think that is the problem. I tried both hotfix 10 and 15, both still fail. They get to the point of starting the services, then rolls back. Something I guess chokes but what. Any more ideas would be helpful.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Mike,

You can try silent installation of Hotfix 15. Please refer to the following technote:

How to install a Backup Exec hotfix or service pack without user intervention (Silent Installation)
http://support.veritas.com/docs/274398

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Mike_Linkey
Level 2
That seems to work. Now why does the silent install work and the normal install fail?