cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8.6 and latest windows updates

Not applicable
I applied the lastest windows updates last week and rebooted the server Windows 2000. After the reboot all services are running and everything is working correctly, but Backup Exe. It does nothing now. When I open it up and tell it run a job now, it never starts. I tell it to schedule a job, it never starts. Start a restore, it never starts. Try to inventory a tape, it say pending and never changes. I have tried all the above after rebooting the server with no jobs running or job scheduled. I have stoped and restarted all backup services and tried to run a job, nothing. Up until the latest windows updates we never had an issues. Any ideas?

Thx
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
This is a real reach, but from the devices tab, is the drive ready?

What happens if you shut down all backupexec services and try an NTBackup job?

James_Lummus
Level 2
This has also started to happen on one of my boxes since applying recent Windows Updates.

Owain_Williams
Level 3
Im having this problem as well! Tried shutting down all the services related to Backup Exec and starting again but still nothing, everything just schedules but never runs.....is there a fix for this?

Owain.

Erwin_Craps
Level 2
Having the same problem over here since 2 days no backup. Since an windows update /install framework ASP.NET 2.

Jobs just sitting there dooing nothing, like a scheduler that not running.

Erwin_Craps
Level 2
Right Click your server name in the device management.
Turn off Server is pauzed (or something in that sense)

Had this before some time ago. Do'nt know why this happens. But is after some kind of reboot /update