cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Lotus Domino backup job fails with "Final Error: 0xe00084b8"

james_Lee_5
Level 3
Hi there,

I have Symantec Backup exec (10.1 Rev. 5629) and Lotus Domino agent install on a windows 2003 server.

I can run a full backup for the Lotus Domino server OK. But when I try to run a incremental backup. I get the following error

"Final error: 0xe00084b8 - An error occurred during backup. See the job log for details. "

I have from this Document ID: 277612 : http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/277612.htm 

And it suggest there symantec has no plans to address this issue.

Does any one have the same problem and have they got a work around for it?

NOTE: the lotus domino server is configured for "archive transaction logging".

Thanks
James
2 REPLIES 2

Dean_Bliss
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
James,

Have you applied Service Pack 3?

Also, when you create the Incremental job you should use the same selection list as your Full backup job.

1) In the job properties click on SELECTIONS and change the drop-down list for "Selection List Name" to the same as your Full
2) Click on GENERAL and leave the "Backup method.." to FULL
3) Click on LOTUS DOMINO and change "Backup method..." to Incremental

Let me know if this helps.

james_Lee_5
Level 3
HI Dean,

I applied Service Pack 3 last night, but when I go to Help, About Symantec Backup exec for windows servers then on Installed updates it says that there is NONE updates installed.

Do you know why it showing this?
I have tried running SP 3 again but it just errors. How can I tell sp 3 is installed OK?

I am running another Incremental job backup of the Lotus domino server. I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

James