cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata.

ObsequiousWoe
Level 2
Backup Exec 11d Fresh Install onto a Windows 2003 Server R2 x32 with all updates applied to both backupexec and the OS.

This error only occurs, when trying to backup the system state of a remote machine using a remote agent. I'm able to backup the local system state OK.

Another sympton is that when selecting remote drives it doesn't fail to back them up but rather says that is an empty set and doesn't back anything up. However during the selection phase everything appears to be fine.

Interestingly the exchange 2007 server's information store which is backup'd up via a remote agent is fine, whilst the system state and local disk's still display the above issues.

I've tryed MANY combinations of the AOFO tab with no difference. I've run vssadmin on the remote and local machines immediately after these failures yet all writers report stable.

I've got 3 remote servers all are displaying this behaviour, 2 windows 2003 x32 R2 & 1 windows 2003 x64 R2.

I REALLY need a fix as this is now becoming a large problem.

Thanks

OW
3 REPLIES 3

David_Woo
Level 3
can you do back up the system state and files on the media server, using the same job selections, the reason i ask is because the beremote.exe is used to create the NDMP connection in order to back its self up

ObsequiousWoe
Level 2
I can backup the system state locally on the server with backup exec installed.

I'm unable to back up remote system state's via the remote agent.

I AM able to backup shadow copy components on remote systems.

OW

David_Woo
Level 3
After the installation of the liveupdates, did you redeploy the agent to the remote systems?

LiveUpdate, installs and configures released HotFixes on the media server, which in turn patches the remote agent installation files on the media server.

Subsequent redeployment of the remote agent is required, in order for the hotfix to take effect on that system