cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOFO Failure Want it off.

Shawn_McGregor
Not applicable
Question I understand this a part of the OS and the agent use it in 10, but I want to turn it off. In 9.1 I didn't have this problem, and with 10 I do. Is there a way to turn this option off in the 10 agent?

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\CREEK\Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Thanks for any help,

Shawn
1 REPLY 1

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

1. If you are backing up exchange and other resources in the same job we suggest that you split the jobs and then verify the result.

2. Also for the exchange backup job we suggest that you do not select the AOFO option in the backup job properties deselect the AOFO option

3. If you want to deselect the AOFO for all the jobs then you can unselect the option from tools-options-aofo

Please update the results

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.