Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOFO: Init Failure

Omar_Vega
Not applicable
I have BEX 10 on Server 2003.

I am getting the following error whenever I backup any of my 2K3 servers:

Final error: 0xe000fec2 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle.

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SERVER\C:". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
Snapshot provider error (0xE00081D3): Not authorized to run an Open File Operation.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

I *do not* have AOFO.
I *do not* have this option checked to use in the backup job.

Do I now need to license AOFO just so I can properly backup 2K3 servers??!?

--Omar
4 REPLIES 4

Zerene_Sangma
Level 6
Hi Omar,

Even though you don't have the AOFO option and have not selected it during the backup job, the job will use the Snapshot technology to backup the shadow copy components of Windows 2003. Hence, the AOFO notes in the job log.

You do not require the AOFO option, however you do need to check if Volume Shadow Copy service start type is set to Manual or is started. Please check the services applet for Volume ShadowCopy Service.
Also, would like to suggest you to check the Event logs for VSS errors.

Thanks, hope this helps you.
If you require further assistance, do reply to this post within two business days else we will assume that the issue is resolved and will archive the post.

Arjan_van_Doorn
Level 4
Sorry for intruding.
I have also this problem.
On my backupserver is VSS service set to manual and not running, no vss errors in the eventlog.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Refer the following technote:

Backup job fails with error "V-79-57344-65218 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle"

http://support.veritas.com/docs/275397

You can contact our sales team to purchase th eAOFO license using following link:-

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.