cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access is denied when creating jobs

Kevin_Osborn
Level 2
I have 3 different servers that refuse to let me run a backup job on them. I am running version 10d. Two of the servers are Windows 2003 SP1 and one is 2000 SP4. I had a previous version of Backup Exec running on them. I uninstalled the old version and I still got an access is denied message when trying to push a remote install to them. I then copied over the RANT folder and was able to install the agent successfully on all 3 servers. I had no problem with installing the remote agent on all other servers whether they had a previous version of backup exec or not.

Once I got the new agent installed I was still not able to run jobs and I continue to get the access is denied message. I am using the domain administrator account. All 3 computers are a member of this domain and have domain admins listed as administrators. I am running the backup exec server on a different domain than these 3 servers but I had no issues with any other servers on this domain because it simply prompted me to use a different logon account. I have verified that the backup exec service is using the local system account and that the domain administrator account has the ability to log on as a service and added it to act as a part of the operating system in the local security policy.

I am at a loss as to what else to try. All other servers on both domains run without any issues. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Try accessing these servers using user defined selections?

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Kevin_Osborn
Level 2
I then get an error stating that "access to the device is not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec." I know that the server I am trying to access has the correct client installed on it. At least I assume it does. The beremote.exe file shows the version to be 10.1.5629.0 on the servers I am trying to connect to. This is the same version that is installed on the rest of my servers that work correctly. Does this error tell you anything?

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Please check if there is a trust relationship between both the domains.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.