cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Disk Based Backup and HP EVA 8000 VSS

NetworkGuy
Level 3
Is there anything wrong with Backup Exec utilizing the HP EVA VSS provider for EVA 8000? I cannot get Backup Exec to use the VSS provider. It always errors with the following message:

VSS Snapshot error. No volumes were successfully imported to the media server for backup while running the offhost backup.  Check the Windows Event Viewer for details. V-79-57344-34109 - ADBO: One or more of the volume snapshots could not be transported to the media server. The selection that failed was \\SERVER\F:.  Manual resynchronization of the volumes might be required.

The event logs on the server that I am backing up shows the the hpVSS provider successfully created the snapshot, but it just will not present the snapshot of the vdisk to the media server for backup.

Message Edited by NetworkGuy on 10-24-2007 06:28 AM
1 REPLY 1

NetworkGuy
Level 3
Okay...I worked through this. I had to turn off AOFO for it to work. Go figure....

Now I am having a problem with beremote.exe crashing on the media server during these backups.

Faulting application beremote.exe, version 11.0.7170.11, faulting module msvcr71.dll, version 7.10.3052.4, fault address 0x00010440.