cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpha suppoprt

Not applicable
I had to upgrade Backup Exec so that I could back up our new Exchange 2003 server. However as we are migrating I still need to back up the Exchange 5.5 server. This is running on Windows NT 4.0 SP6a Alpha platform.

Question is can I back up this server? Because I am having problems at the moment. I understand that there is not an agent for Ver 9.1 for Alpha. Can I back up the server without an agent (agentless backup) or do I have to have an agent.

If Win NT is still supported, why is not supported on Alpha

I am in trouble here! Please help.

Thanks
Eddy Knopper
4 REPLIES 4

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
No you need a remote agent on the server running Exchange 5.5 to successfully back it up.

You will find there is no support for the Alpha platform in 9.1 because it has not been supported by MS since 31-Dec 2001 - you cannot expect a software supplier to support a package on a platform that is not supported.

javed_shaikh
Level 3
Hi Eddy,

You cannot perform an agentless backup.

You need to purchase an extra licence for backing up your new Exchange 2003 server.

Please note:-
You will find; there is no support for the Alpha platform in 9.1 because it has not been supported by MS since 31-Dec 2001.

Thanks

Javed

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

we want to know if the solution provided has helped you in getting resolve your problem?

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.