cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Article TECH63380, hotfix 142707, no effect

Barmaglot
Level 2

Backup Exec 12.5 x86, Windows Server 2003. Utility jobs get stuck at 'Server paused', normal jobs run fine, but still display 'Server paused' in the job activity screen. Server shows as online in devices tab, right clicking it and setting 'Pause' returns an error message 'Cannot pause BACKUP' (BACKUP is the server name), but the server goes into paused state anyway. Right clicking it and choosing 'Resume' returns 'Cannot resume BACKUP', it switches to online state, but utility jobs still cannot run.

Don't have a support contract, so can't contact Symantec support :(

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

was this always the issue or started after installing the HF. Uninstall the HF and restart the BE services and try to pause and unpause it again

Please check

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/snapshot-processing-unable-pauseunpause-server

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

sksujeet
Level 6

try to stop and start all the BE services.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Its a known issue, workaround is to upgrade to BE2010 R2

Barmaglot
Level 2

try to stop and start all the BE services.

Doesn't help - it clears the stuck utility job (in fact, it's the only way to clear a stuck utility job), but doesn't solve the problem.

sksujeet
Level 6

was this always the issue or started after installing the HF. Uninstall the HF and restart the BE services and try to pause and unpause it again

Please check

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/snapshot-processing-unable-pauseunpause-server

Barmaglot
Level 2

Yay, that worked! I thought I installed hotfix 142707 manually, but looking at appwiz.cpl, it got pulled down off LiveUpdate last week, when I ran LiveUpdate as part of a troubleshooting session that led to HP replacing an Ultrium 1760 drive. I uninstalled it, paused and resumed the server, and now utility jobs are running.

sksujeet
Level 6

Please mark the post as solution which pointed you in right direction. I am still wondering the reason for giving me a thumb down

Barmaglot
Level 2

Wasn't me :( I gave you a thumbs up and marked it as solution.

dc_pag
Not applicable

that worked for me to!! I was searching for 2 days, repaired the SQL server, and did much more odd things without success. 

Made my day!

Regards

dieter