cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BACKUP EXEC WITH READYNAS AND TANDBERG

mdreyas
Level 2
I have Readynas (4420) and Tandberg autoloader LTO4 in my network. i Have some lic issue when i take backup from readynas to autoloader. I received backup exec from tandberg autoloader. I installed lic afterthat i am unable to browse readynas from BE. If i remove lic and trial mode i can able to browse NAS and able to take backup to autoloader. ( but in trial mode i have 60 days ) What are agent required to buy ? what is use of BE comes with Tandberg
3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Unless the Readynas is somehow attached to the media server as a SAN device then it counts as a remote server so for Backup Purposes you would need a Remote Agent for Windows (RAWS) license installed - even if the device itself won't take a local install of the agent and is backed up via share levele access. Eval/trial mode will work as it provides the license for you

Oh and if your Tandberg has more than one LTO4 drive in it then you will need at least one Library Expanision Option License as well.

mdreyas
Level 2
Hi Colin ,

Do u know how much it cost?  ( Remote agent for windows ).

So i can use existing Symantec Backup exec quickstart editon ( Comes with Tandberg )  and buy  remote agent for windows.

Tandberg autoloader LTO4  I have one drive with 8 catridges. does it require library expansion option licence  Pls clarify

Thanks 

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Hmm the quickstart edition has limitations on agent use as it is a very very cut down version. Also quickstart editions are only supported by the hardware vendor/manufacturer not directly by Symantec

BTW the quick start inslallation uses the same installation files as a full installation - so if you don't stcik a serial numnerf in you get a full version NOT a quickstart version.

I am sorry I don't know the prices for Backup Exec agents, options and base product as this sort of information is handled by the customer care/sales teams - you could phone the suppiort teams for your own country and ask to speak to someone from our sales team to get pricing details.