cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 10d to NAS Backup issues

Steven_Servatka
Level 3
I have a Dell PE2800 with SBS 2003 Standard installed. This is also my file server with approximately 1.2TB of data. I use Backup Exec 10D SBS Suite for backups. I recently purchased a Thecus N5200 Pro NAS to use for backup. Here is the setup configuration:

The N5200 is connected directly to NIC #2 of my server by Ethernet cable only with both having an IP Address in a different subnet as my network. Both NAS and server NIC's are 1 Gbps. Jumbo Frames are enabled and set to 16000. The N5200 is configured with a 1.9TB ISCSI partition and Microsoft ISCSI 2.0 is installed on the server. The device shows as a local drive on the server and I can access it fine.

In Backup Exec I have configured a Backup-to-Disk folder to the N5200. I set the backup to use software compression. When the backup starts it runs at 600-700MB/Min. After a couple of hours it's down to 500MB/Min. Couple hours later 400MB/Min. After a day or so it's running at 150MB/Min (still backing up just data, not exchange or anything). Obviously, at this speed I will never get a full 1.2TB backup over the weekend. I have tried researching the issue but all suggestions I can find do not help.

I have tested data only backups also and they have the same slowdown issue.

I have excluded the Veritas program folder and the NAS local drive from Trend scans.

The exact same backup job runs twice as fast to a Dell 122T tape drive than to the NAS.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
0 REPLIES 0