cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 Offhost backup Hyper-V

Troy1027
Level 2
Can BE 2010 offhost backup support Hyper-V in Dell Equallogic PS 5000 ?Thanks! 
5 REPLIES 5

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I don't see Equallogic in the Compatibility list. Are you trying to do a offhost backup of Hyper-v ws 2008 server with BE 2010. Can you please briefly explain the setup and how you want to set it up

Troy1027
Level 2
Symantec BE 2010 (ADBO) Offhost backup in Equallogic:
1.backup file successful
2.backup hyper-v failed

Equallogic in the Compatibility list (http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/329256.htm Page:24)

The process for configuring Backup Exec for off-host backups includes:
1. Installing the Dell EqualLogic Host Integration Tools on the Backup Exec Media Server
2. Configuring the Backup Exec Media Server for access to the iSCSI array, and snapshots that are being protected.
3. Installing the Backup Exec options on the media server and the remote server that is being protected using off-host backups.
4. Configuring and running off-host backup jobs.

Error Info.

ADBO: The Advanced Disk-based Backup Option was selected for this job. Data is being backed up using offhost backup. ADBO: The Advanced Disk-based Backup Option was selected for this job. Data is being backed up using offhost backup. ADBO: Your evaluation copy will expire in 60 days. To obtain a license for this product, contact your Backup Exec solution provider. ADBO: Offhost backup started for resource: "VRTSRV::\\hyperv001.poc.local\Hyper-V?Virtual?Machine\Test". Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) used for snapshot. The following volumes are dependent on resource: "S:" . The snapshot provider used by VSS for volume S: - DELL EqualLogic VSS HW Provider (Version 3.3.1.4944). ADBO: Offhost backup import of volumes to the media server is finished. ADBO: Offhost backup metadata collected successfully.
Unable to attach to VRTSRV::\\hyperv001.poc.local\Hyper-V?Virtual?Machine\Test.
V-79-57344-33899
- The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec...

Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target comput...
ADBO: Offhost backup deporting and resynchronization of volumes on the remote computer is finished.

valbibi
Not applicable

I have the same issue.
It works with "simple" files but with Hyper-V VM, I have this error.

Nobody has the solution?

Admin92
Level 2
I will be very interested by a solution.

teiva-boy
Level 6

Offhost backup works for Equallogic, all arrays!

However, BackupExec ONLY supports it for files, exchange, and SQL.  No offhost backup for vmware or hyper-v :(  Which really sucks!