cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 R2 stuck on 'Updating Catalogs' when performing full exchange 2010 backup

howithink
Level 3

Backup Exec 2010 R2/sp1 + all patches applied as of yesterday. Still when backing up Exchange 2010 using full backup, at the tail end backup is stuck on "updating Catalogs". The only way to get out of it is to end the job which thus fails the job.

Please  help! i have updated BE 2010 r2 with all the patches, i have resent the new agent to exchange box. rebooted excahnge box twice and still backups get stuck on  Updating Catalogs. Symantec tech support hasnt help much! anyone?

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Where are the backups targeted disk or tape ?

howithink
Level 3

The backups are backing up to Disk. They have been performing just fine without any issues until last week.

The way i backup is this: I have an external usb backup device with 2 sata bays in raid 1. The server sees it as one 2 tb hd. I use it as a backup device and backup nightly exchange incr. and weekly full exchange backups. So far no issues. Backup were performing beautifully. Then as the moth neared, i pulled one of the hard drives from the raid 1 and put it away as montly backup for that month. i place another 2 tb hard drive to rebuild the raid (1) and then delete all data from the hard drive keeping only last weeks full backup.

So far so good, but now it keeps getting stuck on updating catalogs and its failing. please help!