cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 R3 lost connection to Sharepoint Access Denied

Tigger2
Level 2

I have a Sharepoint MOSS2007 server that I use BE 2010 R3 to do a GRT backups. Everything was running fine then over the past weekend my Sharepoint backups started failing with this error.

Completed status: Failed

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 at 6:00:05 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0009b61 - The logon account that was provided does not have valid credentials. Ensure that the user name and password are correct, and then try again.
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-39777

Nothing has changed with credentials or user permissions.Sharepoint has not changed. Automatic Updaes are turned off so no updates were applied. It is a mystery how this could happen.

IIS is running without errors, sharepoint is running without errors. When I try to access the farm in BE Selection list, a message says, "Not Selectable for backup." I have the Sharepoint agent installed. Green check mark and all. These backups have ran fine for over 6 months. I changed nothing.

I have tried to add the Server Farm again, but BE gives an error that this farm is already added.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Marco_Tafur_-_Q
Level 4

HAve you changed any passwords to users related to backup exec?

Tigger2
Level 2

No, I have changed nothing. There are no errors in any logs, just that the backup has failed due to credentials and the Sharepoint farm is grayed out for selection.