Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 R3 optimised duplication for Exchange 2003 GRT backup failing

Jenni
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi BE Guru's,

I am having some issues with BE 2010 R3 deduplication + optimised duplication + Exchange 2003 GRT backups. I have configured as follows:-

Exchange 2003 client has been configured as a remote deduplication agent performing a GRT exchange backup to a deduplication storage folder (this is successful). Then I have an optimised duplication job copying this GRT backup to a 2nd remote site deduplication storage folder. This opt dup job fails with "The backup-to-disk folder that was specified for this job ran out of disk space. The backup set has been deleted, and the backup-to-disk folder has been paused."

The destination deduplication storage folder has used approx 200GB of a possible 3.5 TB so the low disk space message simply isn't true. Interestingly enough when I take away GRT both the backup and optimised duplication jobs are successful.

I have shared the source deduplication folder with the exchange client for remote agent deduplication but I haven't shared the 2nd deduplication storage folder (the destination for the opt dup job)

Any idea where I'm going wrong? Have I configured incorrectly or is this a bug? I found some forum entries stating that this was a bug that was fixed with a hotfix in BE 2010 R2 but I'm using fully patched R3.

I will log a case with symantec support on Monday but thought I'd check in the forum first to see whether anyone else has experienced this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help!

- Jenni

1 REPLY 1

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Can you perform a non-Dedupe duplicate backup of the same Exchang GRT backup set?

i.e. Perform a duplicate backup of the same Exchange GRT backup set to a normal Backup-to-disk folder somewhere and let us know what happens?