cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 and Exchange 2007 Cluster

Kfreeman85
Level 2

I have researched this to the best of my ability and I'm still coming up against some trouble. Let me thank everyone upfront for your help. I'll detail the situation as best as I can. If I miss anything I'm more than happy to go back and get the information and fill in any blanks I've left.

BuExec 2010 running on x32 Win Server

3 Node Exchange Cluster running on x64 Win 2008

To my understanding the Storage group lives on the F drive (which is an iSCSI Dell Equalogic San)

I have Daily Differential backups that fail. They don't always fail. The errors from BuExec are:

Backup- \\Server.domain.local\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
V-79-57344-65247 - A failure occurred reading an object.

V-79-57344-65247 - A failure occurred reading an object.

WARNING: "\\Server.domain.local\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database" is...

I find the following in the Windows Applications logs on the primary Exchange Server:

(from Earliset to Latest)

Volume Shadow Copy Warning: The provider has reported a storage identifier that is not supported by VSS. Codeset: 1 Type: 4 Size: 4 NextOffset: 24 Association: 1 This identifier will be skipped by VSS.

Operation:

Check If Volume Is Supported by Provider

Add a Volume to a Shadow Copy Set

Context:

Execution Context: Provider

Provider Name: DELL EqualLogic VSS HW Provider

Provider Version: 3.2.0.4726

Provider ID: {d4689bdf-7b60-4f6e-9afb-2d13c01b12ea}

Volume Name: \\?\Volume{8adf2baf-bfd2-11de-b962-00219b924b0b}\

Snapshot Context: 0

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The operating system returned an unusual error while backing up the following file:

F:\Mailbox\StorageGroups\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database.edb

It is possible that this file is incomplete and therefore should not be restored.

For more information, click the following link:

http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Instance 2: The physical consistency check successfully validated 32551870 out of 36739664 pages of database '\\?\Volume{098ec783-909e-11e2-bb4a-00219b924b0b}\Mailbox\StorageGroups\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database.edb'. Because some database pages were either not validated or failed validation, the consistency check has been considered unsuccessful.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Instance 2: The physical consistency check has completed, but one or more errors were detected. The consistency check has terminated with error code of -106 (0xffffff96).

Exchange VSS Writer (instance 2eb559fa-e544-49f1-8364-6638e3bff2b6:11) has unsuccessfully completed the backup of storage group 'First Storage Group'. No log files have been truncated for this storage group.

Information Store (3880) Shadow copy instance 11 aborted.

For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

2 REPLIES 2

Kfreeman85
Level 2

I've seen some "suggestions" that the mailbox stores might be corrupt but I'm hoping that isn't the case. The small bit of science I'm using to support my hope is that my backups do work, currently my failures are only intermittent.

Kfreeman85
Level 2

I forgot to mention media:

The backups go to a Dell Powervault TL2000.

We have a Weekly Full and Daily Diff setup with media rotation rules set such that we keep a few weeks of backups hanging around.