cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010R2 and 32bit Lotus Domino running on 64bit OS

McKay_Support_T
Level 2

Hello

We have a 32bit 2010R2 Media server (PINTA) attempting to use the Lotus Agent to back up databases of a 32bit Lotus Domino 8.5.2 installed on Server 2008 R2 64bit (called MAYFLOWER) - to add to this, at the time of the lotus installation, this server was previously called EPOSTCENTRAL but the install was magrated due to the hardware failing.

So far we are unable to select the databases of the lotus agent, fails with:

"No data stores can be initialized. The software is most likely installed incorrectly" and the corresponding pane which would normally list the databases says "query failed".

Now we realise the SCL for BE2010 R2 says:

From the BackupExec 2010 Software Compatibility List:

Both 32bit and 64bit 2010 and 2010 R2 Media Servers will back up 64bit Domino 8.0.1 on a 64bit OS. Please note that 32bit Domino installed on a 64bit OS is not supported.

However here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/de/forums/does-backup-exec-12x-support-domino-85 

das Bild der BE-Billys

Domino 8.5 support is coming!

Lösung

Backup Exec will be supporting Domino 8.5 with our next full release of Backup Exec which is currently planned for calendar Q4 of this year.  We will be fully embracing DAOS support as well as providing support for 32-bit Domino running on a compatible 64-bit Windows OS.

We are also gearing up for our closed BETA and are looking for customers that are running Backup Exec as well as Lotus Domino 8.5.  If you meet this criteria and are interested in participating please go to our "symbeta" site and sign up!

SymBeta

So would you be able to confirm with BE2010R2 if it is even POSSIBLE to back up a 32bit Lotus Domino server running on a 64bit OS? Or is it more likely the dns name of the machine no longer matching what lotus was originally installed as is the more likely issue?

Thank you! any help much appreciated. Have tried the numerous registry tweaks turning the filter & journal etc off & increasing the timeout values.

I have included agent log & bediag output

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

In the SCL, note 10 did say, "Lotus 8.5.X 32 and 64 bit is supported on 64bit servers."

From your error log, I see quite a few "modules not found".  I don't know whether these are normal.

Have you tried uninstalling the remote agent and re-installing it.  Since your machine is a 64-bit machine, make sure that you install the 64-bit version of the remote agent.

Also, make sure that you have correctly installed the licence key for the Domino agent.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you taken a look at this KB - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH64666

McKay_Support_T
Level 2

Thanks for your help!

pkh: I havent checked the modules not found yet, but yes we have deployed the agent a few times now & also removed & re-added the domino license key

VJware: looked promising but unfortunately the old versions of the files had already been removed so the problem still exists.

Will check the modules as pkh mentioned, any other ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am sure you can appreciate, if we cant back the server up we are going to have to wipe it & begin again.