cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE Remote Agent (on media server) crashes

SeanRinVA
Level 2
Hello,

I have been experiencing a problem with the Remote Agent failing - on the media server (the network's file server).  I'm still getting good backups from my Exchange and SQL servers.

I tried to kick off a special backup of just this server, and the GUI crashed after I submitted the job.  Below are the error messages in the Event Logs:

Application Log:

Faulting application beremote.exe, version 11.0.7170.24, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.3959, fault address 0x0004b299.

Faulting application BkupExec.exe, version 11.0.7170.0, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.4062, fault address 0x0000bee7.

System Log:

The Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3 time(s).

BE Job Log error message (from special job kicked off this morning):

Job ended: Friday, January 25, 2008 at 8:14:39 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33899

BE Job Log error message (from my normal backup job):

Job ended: Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 6:59:32 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000f04 - The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not be running the Backup Exec
Remote Agent for Windows/Linux. Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-3844

Your assistance would be appreciated - this is BEWS 11d eval.

Sean Rector

6 REPLIES 6

SeanRinVA
Level 2
In nearly a month, there has been no response?  Symantec - If this is the kind of support I'm looking at, I'll definitely look into other options.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
I don't expect it to make a difference, but since you first posted there have been more hotfixes, some of which affect the remote agent. It might be an idea to apply those updates.
You're not trying to do anything other than a straightforward backup (like use AOFO) are you?

SeanRinVA
Level 2
When I run LiveUpdate from the BE Window, it reports that the product is up to date.

Version is listed as:
Media Server: Version 11.0 Rev. 7170
Administration Console: Version 11.0 Rev 7170

Installed updates:
Service Pack 2
Hot Fix 29
Hot Fix 35

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
Hotfix 32, 33, 34, and 31 are also available... Smiley Mad

SeanRinVA
Level 2
OK...finished installing all of the post HF29 hot fixes (33 wasn't listed).  I need to reboot the media server as well as some of the other servers with the new RAWS install (after hours tonight), then I'll know where we are by Monday.

Kevin_Rowland
Level 3
Partner
Did this resolve the issue for you, as I have the exact same problem.