cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE10build 5520 HF17 (on be10build5520 sp1) selections issue

Shitov_Alexande
Level 3
Hello.
I have the following problem: after installing HF17 on on be10build5520 sp1 Shadow Copy Components and Microsoft Exchange selections are not available in GUI (but exchange RSG begins to work!!!). The problem appears after updating agents on remote servers.
Rolling back agents to be10build5520 sp1 resolves selections list issue (but Exchange RSG does not work with unpatched RA).
Restrict anonymous registry changes (as described in http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/275484.htm) does not solve this problem.

How can I resolve this issue? Is it possible to use grafic selections in BE GUI and Exchange RSG in this scenario?

Regards
Shitov Alexander
5 REPLIES 5

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

It seems that you are unable to see the Shadow copy components as well as Exchange selections after installing hotfix 17 as well as reinstalling the remote agents after that. Did you reboot the remote server after installing the agents? If not, reboot the same and verify.

Are the selections not available at all or are they grayed out? Try to create user-defined selections and see if the selections appear. Here is the link for the doc describing the procedure:

Title: How to create a user-defined selection in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/254193

Revert with details to the above questions if the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Shitov_Alexande
Level 3
Hello.
Both BE Server and remote Exchange server were rebooted.
Shadow Copy Components and Exchange components are not available at all. System and user defined shares are visible but grayed and not available for selection ( I recieve a message that remote agent is a prevous or incompatible version). Whan I look properties of the remote server I see the following information:
Remote Agent Iinstalled: YES
Remote Agent is running: YES
Remote Agent version: not available
Old backup jobs runs without any problems. Restore jobs (including Echange restores to Recovery storage group) also runs without problems.
After installing old Remote Agent (version before HF17) all selections are visible and working (but Exchange RSG restore stops working).
I do not understand this abnormal behaviour :(

Regards
Shitov Alexander

Shitov_Alexande
Level 3
Dear VERITAS support.
I have no answer for the issue since Nov 30.
Can you, please, tell me something about the problem I have described.

Regards
Shitov Alexander

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please try upgrading to 10.1 and then verify the result.
Please see the link below:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/279332.htm

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Shitov_Alexande
Level 3
Hello.
Upgrade to BE 10d (10.1) solves this problem

Regards
Shitov Alexander