cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE11d vs TSM

Dmitry_Esarev
Level 4
We have a BE11d v.7170 SP3 with hotfixes 47....58

As BE11d admin guide says, the tsm component must be installed on windows server. But we do not see such component in a features list.
Is TSM still supported?

the feature list is in atteched files

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MitchR
Level 6
Well, in both of your screen shots you have neither a serial number for the TSM Option, nor is it selected.  I still think that you'll see the install option once you get a valid serial number....

If you search even these forums for V11 and TSM, you'll see that others have it running - thus it is supported. 

Also note that your server must be 32-bit:
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-11d-amp-ibm-tsm-integration

If all else fails, I'd recommend that you call Symantec support.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Dmitry_Esarev
Level 4

MitchR
Level 6
Verify you've got a good license entered. There are some BE features that won't show up until you license them - maybe that's what's going on.

I had the same problem with the Unix backup option - couldn't see it in the install options list until I had a valid license.  Once I did, then suddenly it appeared checked on.

Dmitry_Esarev
Level 4
The license keys is an upgrade of previously purchased license for BE10d. And it is ok.
You can see on the pictures below that BE10d and BE11d have the same licensed features, but the TSM feature is absent on BE11d feat.list:

the 11d licensed features and available features with no TSM:
imagebrowser image

the 10d licensed features and available features with available TSM:
imagebrowser image

MitchR
Level 6
Well, in both of your screen shots you have neither a serial number for the TSM Option, nor is it selected.  I still think that you'll see the install option once you get a valid serial number....

If you search even these forums for V11 and TSM, you'll see that others have it running - thus it is supported. 

Also note that your server must be 32-bit:
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-11d-amp-ibm-tsm-integration

If all else fails, I'd recommend that you call Symantec support.

Dmitry_Esarev
Level 4
>>Well, in both of your screen shots you have neither a serial number for the TSM Option, nor is it selected.

In 10d it's disabled, but is available for use.

>> Also note that your server must be 32-bit:

yep, this is it, thanx