Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010 Test Run and actual job size differences

andrew_stevenso
Level 2

Hi,

I've got a strange issue.

I've got a scheduled job running that's going over 2 tapes. So I was able to see that Exchange DB's were being backed up 3 different ways (file level, Exchange IS backup and PHD backup for the VM).  I removed the file level one from the selection list to reduce the backups by about 50GB.

My test run shows the correct amount of data to be backed up, 192GB.  But the actual job that runs still backs up 250+GB, requiring a 2nd tape to complete the job.  Is there something I'm missing in how to get the actual job to backup correctly?  I restarted all the BE services after a made the change to the selection list.

BE 2010 is as follows:

13.0 rev 2896 (32bit) - for both Media Server and Admin Console.
SP1, Hotfixes 358409, 354875, 138449, 354913, 141686, 153396  - all installed.

I'm going to look for hotfixes/updates now, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Andrew,

R3 is out and if you can take the time to upgrade to that and patch with available patches, I'd suggest that as your first bit of troubleshooting. The license keys are exactly the same so no hassles there.

Once done run the test job again and report back with an update...

Thanks!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Editing Selection Lists can be a royal PITA at times

Try recreating the list for that job and see what happens

andrew_stevenso
Level 2

Still got the same issues after upgrading to R3 and applying SP and Hotfix(es).

I did remove the Exchange server from the selection list and create it as a favourite, but hasn't seemed to make any difference.

I'll see about recreating the entire job and see what happens then.

Any other suggestions would be really appreciated.