cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing Up Sharepoint Issues

Chris2114
Level 2

Got backup agents on all sharepoint servers and DB servers.  I can hit all the servers directly and browse them.  But I cannot hit the farm. When i hit the farm it says,Query failed.  Any ideas. I have firewall between all servers but have them wide open now.

Am I missing any ports?

3 REPLIES 3

teiva-boy
Level 6

You own the Sharepoint agent too?  Technically for a single farm, you would only need a single Sharepoint agent, and then additional Windows agents purchased for your other servers within the farm. 

As the sharepoint agent contains a sql agent, and RAWS agent in a single agent (meant for one machine).  But have a set of servers that make up a single farm, only additional RAWS agents are needed.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

In the Backup Exec selection list were you able to Add the Server Farm?? If not then first add the server farm. Then try to expand it.

Please give the exact pop up error that you receive.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Chris2114
Level 2

Hello all, thank you for the responses. We do own the SHarepoint agents.  Here are the screen shots of my errors. I attached them to this post. 

When I first click on Microsoft Sharepoint Server Farms. I get the error in the attachement error 1.   Then there is a very long delay and i get error #2 in the 2nd attachemnt.

Then I click the server farm and under selections, there is nothing listed as shown in attachement #3.