cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup 8.6 Issues

Philip_Maples
Level 2
First off let me begin by saying that though I'm a IT admin for my company I sort of inherited the job because I'm young and more computer literate than anyone else working here. I am not certified and on some matters don't have a clue as to how things work. With that being said here is my problem. I changed the admin password on my PDC server because of this it is not backing up a shared hard drive. I was told to go into Services and change the password for all "Logon as" services which I did. Now when I load Back Up Exec. it gives me an error saying "Server 1 and Server 2 are using the same serial number", but they really aren't. I click out of that and it gives me a log in option with a few different server names however the server I'm actually on isn't listed. So what in the heck did I do wrong now? Let me know guys, I really need your help. Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

Philip_Maples
Level 2
Update: Services weren't starting up because of user /password complications. Still says the two servers are using the same serial but I'll worry about that later. Problem fixed for now.