cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Excec 2010 cannot find Domain Computers

mamelas
Level 4

Dear all,

I have a Trialware installation of Backup Exec 2010 R3 with all updates applied.

During installation on the local server I used Administrator's Domain Account.

I have tried to install the Backup Agent on a Remote Win 2008 Server with no luck.
After restarting the WMI Service the Agent installed correctly.

I have added a backup job on the remote server using selection list.

Then in order to test the program, I did a RUN ONCE test backup of a database which was on the Remote Server and it ended up successfully.
In that point I have to say that the Verification of the data for 50GB took about 5hours and the Backup process only 1hour!

Then I tried to edit the files on the selection list (which I have created successfully before) but I could not access any computer from my Domain and a pop-up message infored me to add another account.

I uninstalled the Agent from the Remote Server in order to Reinstall the Agent but when I browse for Remote Computers I cannot access Domain Computers at all...

Any Idea will be much appreciated,
mamelas    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

Run through the wizard to install the Remote Agent for Windows Servers on that remote server. Put in the IP address instead of the server's name, and let it run.

If it runs successfully, open up BE and go to Job Setup and create a new selection list, and add in that server's IP address under the "User-defined Selections".

once done, see if you can then connect to the server.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi there,

Run through the wizard to install the Remote Agent for Windows Servers on that remote server. Put in the IP address instead of the server's name, and let it run.

If it runs successfully, open up BE and go to Job Setup and create a new selection list, and add in that server's IP address under the "User-defined Selections".

once done, see if you can then connect to the server.

Thanks!

mamelas
Level 4

Dear CraigV,

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Looks like working..but I have to test it in order to verify that it won't loose again the remote server.

Do you have any idea why the verification of data took so long?? (write speed was: 1.200MB and read/verification speed was: 180MB)

regards,
mamelas

CraigV

Nope, I don't. Best to open a new forum query around the verification issue, but if you do a search on the forums you should find that there are a number of similar issues.

mamelas
Level 4

Dear CraigV,

Once again thaks for your support.