cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10d and Netware Remote Agent

Bryan_Ricke
Level 3
My Backup Exec is on version 10.1.5629 with SP1 and hot fixes 27, 29, 31, 33, 34 and 37 installed.

I'm trying to install Backup Exec Remote Agent 10d onto an older Netware 5.1 server. I am installing from CD on a Windows 2003 Server box. I do a BESTOP on my Netware box, then I launch the Remote Agent install. It completes very quickly and says successful, yet on the next screen it says "The wizard was interrupted..."

So I went to the Netware server and typed in BESTART, it loads up fine. Also made sure my NDMPD.NLM module is loaded.

When I go to create a new job and try to choose the Netware 5.1 server, I get a message saying "An error was encountered... Make sure that Remote Agent is running on the target computer."

I can ping back and forth from servers using the IP Address, but not the name.

This Netware box previously had Backup Exec 8.5 installed, but I renamed the directory so the new install didn't overwrite the existing files. I don't think that's the problem.

I've rebooted the Netware box a few times as I've repeated this process.

Do I need to install Client32 on the 2003 Server? Is there something I am missing? Please help.
3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited
Sounds like the install completed OK. That message you got is a known issue and is just cosmetic.

You must have name resolution working in BOTH directions so I suspect that's your problem. You will need to update hosts files or DNS and then try pinging by server name. FYI, the hosts file on NetWare is sys:\etc\hosts.

Hope that helps.

Chris

Bryan_Ricke
Level 3
Thanks for the response. I will try to resolve the naming issue this morning.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Could you update us on the issue?

Regards
Padmaja