cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10d to backup NT 4 servers!

Helen_Mooc_2
Level 2
Hi guys,

I have just upgraded our backup server to Windows 2000 Professional last night. It's a small firm and hence the version of OS being use as backup. Anyways, I am not stuck with this issue to whether go back to Back Exec 8.5 or go further with Back Exec 10d. While installing the Backup Exec 10d software last night (or this morning @ 1 AM), it won't push the Remote Agent (OFO and Accelerator) on some of the NT 4.0 servers I got on the network (however I could try to install the agents locally with the CD). I even got a message that these OS systems are no longer support by Symantec but it did indicate something like I can go through the set up but Symantec will not support any technical issue related to it. What do you guys think I should so? This is sort of critical; please any inputs would be helpful. Should I go back to Back Exec 8.5 until I upgrade all the NT servers especially our Exchange 5.5!Thanks Helen
1 REPLY 1

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
If you cannot Upgrade the NT4 Servers to Windows 2000 or 2003. You could then Upgrade to 9.1 instead of 10.1.
NT4, as the alert suggests, is not supported with backupexec 10.x anymore. So in case you get any problems, we will not be able to give you any support.

Hope that helps you.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.