cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d The operation failed to acquire the minimum number of drive

Sasikumar_Palan
Not applicable
Hi All,

We have backup exec 11d while running the job we are getting follwoing error msg

"Final error: 0xe0000f16 - The operation failed to acquire the minimum number of drives and media needed.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-3862"

Pls can any one help in this.

Thanks
Regards
Sasi
6 REPLIES 6

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Sasikumar

Are you backing up either Oracle or DB2? In these cases you can specify the minimum number of drives for the task, if that number is not available, the task fails.

Regards

Florian_Stamm
Level 3
I have exactly the same error. But only if i backup directly to tape. its the same for domino and normal files.
Can anybody help?

William_Styne
Level 3
This seems to happen to me when I have tapes from two different media sets in the drives - for example a weekly and monthly tape. If for example weekly Job A and Job B start at the same time and Job A starts on Tape 1, Job B (also a weekly) will try the second drive, see that there is no weekly media and fail. I would prefer if it would wait for the Job A to complete.

The 11d Administrators guide seems to confirm this is the discussion on Device Pools page 176.

TRG
Level 3
I’m getting the same error using the DB2 remote agent during my attempt to backup DB2. Has anyone come up with a solution?

Northshore_Tech
Level 2
Partner

The backup was failing because it couldn't find any drives to backup to, even though it was plugged in.  When I went to the Devices tab, and expanded the USB Drives option, it had the three drives I use listed there, with the option to expand each one and see if the drive was actually loaded.  I expanded each one and it didn't show any active drives, even though the "week 2" drive was plugged in.  I deleted the Week 2 drive section from USB drives and then re-added it to the list, and it showed the physical drive now.  I restarted the backup and it completed successfully. 

Northshore_Tech
Level 2
Partner

The backup was failing because it couldn't find any drives to backup to, even though it was plugged in.  When I went to the Devices tab, and expanded the USB Drives option, it had the three drives I use listed there, with the option to expand each one and see if the drive was actually loaded.  I expanded each one and it didn't show any active drives, even though the "week 2" drive was plugged in.  I deleted the Week 2 drive section from USB drives and then re-added it to the list, and it showed the physical drive now.  I restarted the backup and it completed successfully.