cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 Exchange Agent Failing

jackylad
Level 3

Hi

I have a Windows Server 2008 x64 box which is backing up Exchange 2007 via the Exchange agent, and it's started failing on me at the end of the backup of the first storage group, error below:

Error category    : Resource Errors
Error             : e000032d - The consistency check of the snapshot for the Microsoft Exchange transaction log has failed.  You should check for possible data corruption in the transaction log that is online.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-813 

The errors have started since I migrated the mailstore database onto the data drive of the same server due to problems with space on the system partition.  Do I need to update anything in the job to allow it to correctly see the transaction logs?  They currently reside on the system partition, but can be relocated if need be.

I tried manually removing the logs that exist to no avail, and have also changed the AOFO option as noted in the knowledgebase article.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get it to see the logfiles?

Thanks

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jackylad
Level 3

For anyone who comes across this issue - I had to manually purge the Exchange transaction logs (moved to another folder for restoration purposes if required) which resolved the problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I'd go into your selection list and deselect the Information Store, before reselecting it.

Try the backup again!

Thanks!

jackylad
Level 3

Already done that mate, recreated the backup to no avail as well.

Cheers for the quick response :)

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Jacky,

Check the TN below...Symantec recommends running eseutil to check for DB corruption on your Information Store...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH141792&key=15047&actp=LIST

Do so, and report back with an update!

Thanks!

jackylad
Level 3

Will do, cheers Craig :)

jackylad
Level 3

For anyone who comes across this issue - I had to manually purge the Exchange transaction logs (moved to another folder for restoration purposes if required) which resolved the problem.