cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 15 doesn't detect some of SharePoint resources

mmoldavsky
Level 3

I have Windows Server 2008, Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) 3.0, and Backup Exec 15 with all updates installed. I used to have Backup Exec 2010. Since I upgraded to 15, I see that two of SharePoint databases SharedServices_DB and SharedServices_Search_DB are no longer grayed out under MSSQLSERVER while SharePoint resources SharedServices and Global Settings no longer show up under my Server Farm.

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified
SharePoint Services 3.0 is not supported by BE 15. It is not listed in the BE 15 SCL

mmoldavsky
Level 3

It does on the top of page 30 right here https://symwisedownload.symantec.com/resources/sites/SYMWISE/content/live/SOLUTIONS/227000/TECH227896/en_US/be_15_scl.pdf?__gda__=1443763263_662179268f865b333f1effee271b771c

mmoldavsky
Level 3

Adding the fact that I have WSS 3.0 SP3 and MS SQL 2005 SP4. Both are listed on SCL.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are appropriate number of Agent for Application & Database licenses installed ?

If yes, try reinstalling the licenses and also, remove the Server Farm and readd it.

mmoldavsky
Level 3

I'm currently using a trial version. I need to show that it works for us before we upgrade out licenses from 2010 to 15.

VJware
Level 6

Has the evaluation period expired for the Agent for Application & DBs ?

Have you tried removing and readding the Server Farm ? If needed, try reinstalling the Remote Agent on all servers which comprise of the Server Farm as well.

mmoldavsky
Level 3

All trial licenses are still active. Backup Exec 15 has all the latest updates. I tried reinstalling the agent on the SharePoint Farm server as well but it didn't help.

VJware
Level 6

I was hoping removing & readding the Farm would help.

Are you able to backup these DBs via Sharepoint itself ? If yes, pls log a support case. Thanks.