cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 20.1 Bronze Edition Tape Support

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

I have a question about tape drive support included in the Backup Exec 20.1 Bronze Edition license (perpetual or subscription). In the license guide, it mentions "1 standalone" support for Bronze Edition. Does this mean that Bronze Edition doesn't support tape drives that have a single drive only with an autoloader? In other words, only tape drives that require manual replacement of the tape is supported? Is this what is meant by "standalone"? I appreciate the clarification. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

Thank you! Very clear now!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

DevG
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello,

With Bronze subscription, 1 standalone physical tape drive (no library support)  is supported. Hope this provides necessary clarification.

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

Thanks for the replies. So "1 standalone physical tape drive (no library support)" means I can only attach a tape drive that doesn't support an autoloader but have to replace the cartridge manually, correct? If this is the case, then it really reduces the appeal of the Bronze edition I think.

DevG
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello,

"I can only attach a tape drive that doesn't support an autoloader but have to replace the cartridge manually, correct?"

Yes this understanding is correct and one can opt for other categories of subscriptions to take benifit of more tape drives and/or autoloader.

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

Thank you! Very clear now!