cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 ESX Redirect Restore 0xe00095b0

enablenj
Level 4
Please don't suggest that I restore to the original server. The question is, why does a REDIRECT job to a different ESX box (same version/build) fail with this error? I see some mention of some sort of "workaround" that appears to involve restoring to a file first. Is that really how I handle a restore job with my brand new super slick highly expensive enterprise-grade backup software?
6 REPLIES 6

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Can you please explain a bit more what you are trying to do?
Have you seen this article:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/349903.htm

enablenj
Level 4
I have two ESX 4.0 hosts, exactly the same build.  I have an apparently successful backup of the VM's on both of them.  I am trying to restore a file server to one of them.  I don't see any sort of ISO, and I'm not using ESX 3.5, so I don't think that article applies.  When I try to select the VM folder on the destination machine, I cannot see any of the folders on the datastore.

enablenj
Level 4
The events on my server include this:

Create virtual machine
t610-1
Invalid
datastore
format ''.
root
8/12/2010 2:44:28 PM

enablenj
Level 4
I believe I understand the issue now.  It may be that an ISO was mounted to that server when it was backed up.  I will try to manage this according to the article you posted.  Thanks very much, most sincerely.

enablenj
Level 4
I do not understand the issue now.  I have a backup of a VM which had no ISO mounted, had no CD/DVD of any sort mounted, and I'm still getting this error.  There must be something else that causes this.  I'm stumped, but still looking.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
don't have anything to offer, but I have set the support fllag on this thread, so a Symantec Tech should be checking in shortly