cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R2 to R3 - Do I need to upgrade Remote Agents right away?

Guy_Techie
Level 2

We currently have 2010 R2 and looking to upgrade to R3.  Do I need to upgrade Remote Agents right after the Media Server is upgraded to R3?

I need to schedule a rolling maintenance window to upgrade Remote Agents on our production servers.  There is no way for me to say upgrade the Media Server and all Remote Agents in one sitting.  If I recall, upgrading Remote Agents require a server reboot.

PS: My predecessor did not use the Media Server to push out the Remtoe Agents (looks like he just installed them indivually on each server).  I plan on using the Media Server to push it out once it's been upgraded to R3.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

You can do it over a period of time. It is recommended that the agents be updated when the media server is patched but the backup and restore should run/work even with the older version of raws.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

You can do it over a period of time. It is recommended that the agents be updated when the media server is patched but the backup and restore should run/work even with the older version of raws.

Guy_Techie
Level 2

Quick and informative.  Thanks, Gurvinder!