cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 Failure -- Error code E000FE3C

RescueMe
Level 3

The backup is generating error code E000FE3C, which seems to indicate a failed backup of SQL server databases due to a lack of an installed SQL server agent.  However, this backup has been succeeding for nearly the past 3 months without error.  Why would this error code suddenly occur?

Also, I am a bit concerned about some of the file sizes in the file selection list.  As seen in the attachment, all of the Microsoft Exchange databases listed under Microsoft Information Store display a filesize of 0KB.  Is this to be expected?  Is this some sort of display error?

Any help with either of these issues is much appreciated.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The SQL error can appear after the trial has expired.
Do you have the SQL agent installed and licensed ?
Can you post a screenshot of the license details, probably the SQL agent has expired.

The exchange 0kb seems to be a known issue:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH59604

RescueMe
Level 3

I thought this may be an issue with the license expiring, but how long are trial licenses?  I thought they were only good for 60 days.  This backup had been working for over 3 months.

Please find attached a screenshot of the license details.

Thanks.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes, trials are normaly 60 days.

I don't see an SQL agent listed as installed, do you have licenses for it ?

I would recommend to start with re-installing the SQL agent.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if your trial license has expired, the only way around this is to purchase the SQL license and then run the license wizard. You can't reselect the trial for another 60 days. This assumes you have been running on the trial license and don't have the production license installed.