cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 (V13) backups failing

stuartp44
Level 2

Hi All,

I am currently having major issues with my backups on my backup server, it has been in place for awhile now backing up fine. However about 3 weeks ago it started coming up with the following error  "Final error: 0xe000fe3c - Before you can back up this resource, you must purchase and install a license key for the appropriate Backup Exec agent. See Job Log for details. Final error category: Security Errors" when backing up Active Directory. After another week it started saying the same thing for all the other services after we tried to fix Active Directory. After weeks of not being able to backup i decided to put it back to a trial version which made it work and enabled backups again, however that has since expired and we are now back to the error listed above. I am really struggling and have contacted symantec support who to be frank where not interested because we hadn't got a support contract.

We have all the applicable licenses required for all Agents and Options and the volume of servers we have which is 3, but still we are not able to backup anything at the moment as Backup Exec is our only system.

Thanks for any help

Stuart

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Check your jobs and disable GRT backups of AD

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are the licenses for the applications such as Agent for Active Directory installed ?

If yes, remove them and readd them. Do ensure you proceed ahead and complete the install wizard when entering the licenses.

stuartp44
Level 2

Yes our licenses are for AD, SQL, Exchange. We have tried numerous times of removing and readding with no luck, we now how cannot do that anymore because our trial has expired so the wizard will not allow you to continue. This error is not isolated to AD backups, it is also affecting File System Backups/Exchange Server from remote servers which never used to be a problem until we tried fixing the AD error in my first post using that remove license and readd serial key solution.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If the licenses were installed (and not just entered), then the product shouldn't have been in a trial mode. This usually happens when one just adds the licenses but does not complete the license install wizard.

Now as the product's trial period has expired, one option would be to grab manual copies of the Data & Catalog folders, uninstall Backup Exec and reinstall Backup Exec with the existing information.

Have a look @ this KB for reinstalling BE - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH62744

stuartp44
Level 2

1.jpg

As you can see from the above there is a lot missing and strange trials that have never progressed.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You can see from your screenshot that you do not have agent licenses for AD and Exchange. You should install the AOFO option so that you can use AOFO for your file backups. Without AOFO, you will have a problem backing opened files