cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 error: 0xe0000602

GaryLeung
Level 3

One of my backups is failing with the following error:

0xe0000602 - A query for media on which the data set being read is continued was unsuccessful. Ensure that all media in the family have been inventoried and cataloged.

ODBC access error. Possible lost connection to database or unsuccessful access to catalog index in the database,

Verify- SERVER.OURDOMAIN.local

The query for media sequence number -32255 of this media family was unsuccessful.

Ensure that all media in the family have been inventoried and cataloged.

A selection on device \\SERVER.OURDOMAIN.local\C: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

A selection on device \\SERVER.OURDOMAIN.local\D: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

A selection on device \\SERVER.OURDOMAIN.local\F: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

A selection on device \\SERVER.OURDOMAIN.local\Shadow?Copy?Components was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

A selection on device \\SERVER.OURDOMAIN.local\System?State was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GaryLeung
Level 3

Oddly enough, the last backup completed. All I did was change the option within the job to Overwrite Media instead of Append to media, overwrite if no appendable media is available.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

See if this KB helps - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH179801

Else, stop the BE services, browse to the BE directory using a cmd and run the following command:-

catrebuildindex -r

And check if the requested media is actually available or is overwritten.

GaryLeung
Level 3

Thanks for the link but what option do I choose when selecting new job to duplicate backup sets?

Duplicate existing backup sets or Duplicate backup sets following a job?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if this is happening during a backup job, then duplicating backup sets for a restore isn't what you're looking for at all.

Check the TN below and see if this is relevant to your issue:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH150111

Thanks!

GaryLeung
Level 3

Oddly enough, the last backup completed. All I did was change the option within the job to Overwrite Media instead of Append to media, overwrite if no appendable media is available.