Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010, Unable to restore individual emails

MarkASmith
Level 2
Partner
Hi,

We are currently testing a new server environment for our client. We have Backup Exec 2010 installed on Windows 2008 R2 and Exchange 2010 installed on Windows 2008 R2 with the Backup Exec remote agent.

I have already had a problem with the remote agent crashing on the Exchange 2010 server and have applied at BETA fix available from Symantec Tech support. That has solved the problem with the remote agent crashing I now cannot restore individual emails.

I have a backup job to backup the Information Store to a backup to disk folder and this completes ok. If I then try to restore an email the restore job completes ok however the email is not restored and I do not get an email from Backup exec saying an email has been restored.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for your help.
4 REPLIES 4

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Do you get eny error messages in the job logs?

MarkASmith
Level 2
Partner
Hi,
No, the job log says that the restore is 100% Complete, however the email is not in the inbox.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Check the Backup Exec Service Account (BESA) credentials.
1. Use a logon account in Backup Exec that is a unique account in Active Directory with an activated mailbox on the Exchange server. A unique name is one that does not exist in the organization as a subset of characters in another mailbox name.
2. Ensure that the BESA has Admin, Domain Admin, and Exchange Organization Admin rights.
3. The BESA should be assigned the Exchange Server Administrators role in Exchange.
4. Verify that the mailbox for BESA is not hidden in the Global Address list.
5. Logon to the Exchange server with the BESA. Obtain additional group membership information by running the following command on the Exchange server: Open a CMD prompt and enter gpresult /z > C:\gpresult.txt.

Try performing a re-direct restore and see if that works

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
This was an issue with exchange 2010 and seems to be resolved. Please try the hot fix and if that doesn't resolve then call the support
http://support.veritas.com/docs/346021